Here we are again! Hope all of you are getting ready to welcome the beautiful season of fall along with all the cold it brings. I’m excited to bring out my warm clothing and try on all the cool sweatshirts, sweaters and jackets. Another cool way of enjoying the chilly weather is to have something nice and warm. Just for that reason today we bring to you Sweet Potato Kale Kimchi Quinoa Patties – a warm patty that you can enjoy for a snack or even a meal. So without further ado, let’s jump into the ingredients and the recipe.
Note – The ingredient pictures here show only some of the ingredients used. Please follow the list to get everything you need for the recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa mixed (red, white)
- 1 baked sweet potato
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 small bunch Dino kale
- 1-2 egg (For vegan option: substitute 1 egg with 2 tbsps of flax seed powder soaked in 4 tbsp of warm water for 5-7 mins. )
- 2-3 garlic, chopped
- 6 scallions, white and green parts
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- ghee/butter, for cooking
- Cook the quinoa: Place 2 cups water, quinoa and a pinch of salt in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cook for about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork, turn off the heat, set the lid ajar to rest.
- Completely drain kimchi of any liquid. Place on the cutting board and finely chop kimchi.
- Wash the Dino kale and pat dry. Finely chop the kale and set aside.
- Heat a pan to medium high. Add olive oil and chopped garlic. Once garlic is slightly browned add kale and kimchi and sauté for 10 mins until all the water evaporates. Take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- In a large bowl add quinoa, mashed baked sweet potato, kale and kimchi mix, egg, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In a heavy bottom skillet warm some ghee/butter. Make patties out of the mixture. They can roughly be the size of your palm and an inch thick.
- Cook them for about 3 minutes on each side until crisp. Cover them after a flip to completely warm through.
- Optional: Sprinkle cheese before removing patties of the stove and serve hot with wasabi avocado aioli on the side. (Recipe for avocado aioli below)
For Wasabi-Avocado Aioli –
- 1 large avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add garlic into food processor and process until minced. Now add the rest of the aioli ingredients and process until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Enjoy our recipe and don’t forget to let me know how you liked it!