Happy Friday dear friends! How has your week been? I have had a great time the past two weeks traveling and doing fun activities with my parents. One of the activities we did was to go strawberry picking! Strawberry picking at Delange’s Redberry farm is a great way to engage with ur local community, gain access to fresh strawberries that are sweet, juicy and amazing. Great way for family to hang out together perfect weekend activity.
Well, end of the day we had a ton of strawberries at home and it was time to whip up something using these juicy fruits. Strawberry being a versatile fruit can be added to so many dishes and it doesn’t have to be desserts only. Here’s a salad that I made using these strawberries. Inspired by Panera bread’s premium signature summer salad. I just love salads at Panera and I tend to recreate most of them at home much more economical and what better than using ingredients right out of your pantry!
- 1 Grilled Chicken breast sliced
- 1 romaine lettuce head torn
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries,
- 2 tbsp pineapple chunks
- 2-3 orange segments peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp pecans roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp poppy-seed dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a salad bowl and drizzle on top with dressing. Enjoy!