Happy Thursday folks! This week Umami Kitchen brings to you a delicious yet healthy breakfast food. In the past, we have posted chia based breakfast dishes and this one joins the list. Chia is one of my favorite seeds. I love experimenting with it. A small portion of it packs in a good amount of nutrition and its easy to make chia a part of different breakfast foods. Today’s recipe is one that brings together the nutty chia with the ever refreshing pom and, the sweet and juicy guava & kiwi. I garnished it with fresh strawberries, hemp seeds and pepita seeds. With the strawberry season coming up, you can pick a fresh batch of strawberries and add them to your pudding!
This chia pudding is flavored with cinnamon. Cinnamon works great in combination with chia and is a helpful combination for folks who are looking for a healthy way of losing weight. Cinnamon helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels and leading to healthy weight loss.
This can be your breakfast on the go and easy to put together. It is a perfect food for when you are busy to make an elaborate breakfast meal. Try our recipe and let us know how you liked it.
For Cinnamon Chia Pudding with Summer Fruits:
- 1 cup of mixed fruits of your choice (pom seeds, sliced guava, strawberries and kiwi)
- 2-3 tbsp of cashew milk
- 1 cup of overnight soaked chia pudding (recipe down below)
- 1 tsp of Pepita seeds
- pinch of hemp hearts
- Layer a glass with chia pudding and then top it with mixed fruits and sprinkle with hemp hearts and Pepita seeds.
Overnight Soaked Cinnamon Chia Pudding:
- 4 tbsp of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Sugar/Stevia (as needed)
- Mix them all up in a bowl and store it in a tight lid container in the refrigerator overnight.