Avocados are one of the best choices for quick small meal. It is healthy, filling and an awesome choice for guilt free snacking. Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit. Avocados combined with iron rich chickpeas make one power packed snack for your tired evenings.
In this recipe, I have added a dash of wasabi for that extra bit of zing. Try this lip smacking recipe and let me know how you liked it 🙂
For the Wasabi Avocado Hummus:
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup wasabi infused sesame oil (you can replace it with olive oil)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- pita chips, for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine chickpeas, avocado chunks, wasabi infused sesame oil, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic, salt and pepper.
- Blend until combined and smooth.Stop the food processor and taste. Add more salt and pepper and lemon if necessary.
- Blend for another couple of mintues or more until smooth.
- Top with little more olive oil and serve with pita chips.
I hear you enjoying this snack already! Please leave me your comments/suggestions/ideas about this crunchy munchy!