It’s been a while since I posted a recipe on desert. I know, sorry you guys… I prefer savory food and love anything that is hot and spicy. So, I dont make deserts that often. Every once in a while, I do develop a sweet tooth for chocolate and soft sugary fruits which I typically enjoy with vanilla ice cream. I just loveeeeeeeeee vanilla ummmmm sooooo goood!!!!!!!!! It’s flavor is like blank canvas that you can paint with the toppings of your choice.
So I decided to use my favorite Indian whole spices in this dessert….. Spices and peaches who does that? Well that’s what I thought before I poached my beautiful succulent pears in it. The fragrance of whole spices adds such sweet mild flavor to the peaches you can smell the aroma from each bite.
After poaching my pears in the spices I just fell in love with the idea… and took it up a notch and added spice rum to my chocolate sauce. Who’d say no to that??? So without further adieu here you go….
For Spiced Poached Pears
- 5 -6 Peaches
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Whole Cardamom pod lightly crushed
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2-3 Star Anise
- 4 + cups of water
- Spiced rum chocolate sauce (Recipe below)
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Using a peeler to peel the peaches leaving the stem intact.
- In deep pot add enough water so that when peaches are added they get completely submerged. To the water add whole spices and sugar.
- Heat the water until sugar completely dissolves and water just starts to boil.
- Now to the boiling liquid add the peaches and cover with a lid. Turn the heat to simmer and let the peaches poach in the liquid for 20-25 mins.
- Turn the heat off and let the peaches cool completely in the poaching liquid.
- Take a serving bowl to it add a whole peach and scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle warm chocolate sauce and top it with crushed candied peanuts and serve!
Spiced Rum Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp spiced rum
- 3 tbsp butter
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat milk, butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan until milk begans to steam.
- Remove the sauce pan of the heat and add chocolate, spiced rum and sea salt. Stir gently until chocolate melts completely.
- Serve the sauce warm or cool it to room temperature and store it in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.