And we are back again. Happy Thursday folks, how is your week coming along? Anything exciting planned for this weekend? Well this week we bring to you an easy but sumptuous salad you can make a part of your meal. You can have this for lunch or dinner or even for a healthy snack. All it takes is 15 mins to get this going. Also what better way to get those yummy blueberries in your meal before the season ends eh? This salad is pretty versatile and so you can easily make it vegetarian by replacing the sausage with vegetarian sausages or add greens to it. There are plenty of veggie sausages available in the market, try them out if you haven’t before.
I know this picture is tempting you to taste it..and I wont hold you back, here comes the ingredients and the recipe. Enjoy!
Blueberry Couscous Salad
- 1 cup dried Israeli couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- small handful coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring water to a boil. Season water with a good pinch of salt, 1 tbsp of olive oil and add dried couscous. Close the lid and switch off the stove let the couscous cook for about 12 minutes. Fluff the couscous and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add cheese (if using), salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to the couscous. Stir to combine. Add capers, and lemon zest and stir to combine. Finally, stir in the pecans, blueberries, and parsley. Season to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve. When ready, serve it with Italian sausage or mixed greens.