Aaand we are here again with a new recipe for you! Happy Friday everyone, I hope you have all recovered from your long weekend and looking forward to the upcoming weekend. As the mercury rises keeping us all warm, here is a recipe to cool you down. We bring you the Carrot Cardamom, Cinnamon Milkshake. One of the easiest milkshakes to make and one of the healthiest ones too. Carrots along with all the amazing nutrients it brings to the table also adds fibre to your diet and cinnamon of course is one secret healer in your kitchen. You can make this milkshake a part of your breakfast or have it as a snack pretty much any time during the day. Try it out and let us know how you liked it!
For the Carrot Cinnamon Milkshake: Serves 4-6
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch rings
- 3 tbsp of sugar or more as per your taste
- 6 cardamom pods lightly crushed, separate the seeds and grind to fine powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 4 cups of chilled milk of your choice (2%, whole, almond. soy or cashew milk)
- 1/2 cup of water for boiling carrots
- Boil carrots in water until tender to the fork. Reserve any of the remaining water and let the carrots cool completely.
- Add rest of the ingredients except cardamom, with boiled carrots and reserved water (if any) to blender and blend until smooth.
- Grind cardamom seeds separately in a mortar pestle and it to the mixture and give it a good mix.
- Taste milkshake and adjust sugar. Pour the milkshake into a pitcher and add extra cardamom leaves on top for garnish.
- Add ice to the drink and serve immediately or reserve in the fridge until ready to drink.