Getting a dose of greens right in the morning is a great way of starting your balanced diet for the day. And it doesn’t have to be a smoothie always. Here is a dish that that brings together yummy and healthy eggs with a cocktail of greens to start your healthy day. This could be a great way of surprising your loved one with a breakfast in bed. If you pre-make the veggies the night before, then all you have to do is to add the eggs in the morning, season it and bake it! Voila! This is sure to bring a smile on your loved one’s face.
For the Baked Eggs with a Green Twist: Serves 2
- 1/2 bunch of Dino kale
- 1/4 broccoli head cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup of peas
- 1/2 avocado sliced into small cubes
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp of milk
- pinch of ginger garlic paste (optional)
- salt & pepper as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- chili flakes for garnish (optional)
- Saute garlic, kale and broccoli on pan with some olive oil then added some peas.
- Season all of them with salt and pepper.
- Butter or grease your ramekin adequately and layer the bottom with avocados and top it with the sauteed mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 3 eggs along with 3 tbsp of milk, salt, pepper and a dash of ginger garlic paste.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly between the two buttered ramekins.
- Grate some Parmesan on top and bake it at 420 degree F for 15 – 20 minutes or until fork inserted comes out clean.
- There you have it, your baked eggs with a green twist. Garnish with chili flakes and enjoy!!!
Hope you enjoyed the recipe as much as I did. Feel free to share your comments, likes and suggestions below.