Welcome folks! You are at the right place if you are looking for a quick Thai curry recipe. Thai curries make great meals for both lunch and dinner. This recipe is one that can be made in just 20 minutes with the vegetables or meats you have at home. The best part about thai food is that you can customize it to your palette and dietary needs. My recipe below is for chicken red curry but you can easily substitute the meat for vegetables and make it vegetarian.
Thai ingredients have great flavor. Their cuisines bring a perfect mix of sweet, sour, spice and everything nice. The flavors dance on your palette and give you a great sense of enjoyment. I personally love thai ingredients as they remind me of flavors from my home, India.
For the Curry:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, diced ( 14oz drained and cubed tofu)
- 2 bell peppers (1 red and 1 yellow),
- 2 cups quartered button mushrooms
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (I used Maesri Thai red curry but you can use the curry paste of your choice.)
- 1 14oz can coconut milk (Aroy-D Coconut Milk)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil,
- 3 inch lemongrass stick
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once hot, add the diced chicken /tofu and saute the chicken/tofu until browned all over and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken/tofu from the skillet and place on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add the red peppers and mushrooms, saute 3-4 minutes and then toss in the edammame, ginger, garlic and lemongrass.
- Saute the veggies another 5 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Add the chicken/tofu back to the skillet and toss everything together. (If using chickpeas add them now to the skillet)
- To the skillet add the curry paste and give everything another good toss. Cook 1 minute and then add the coconut milk and soy sauce.
- Stir to combine, bring the mixture to a boil, cook 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
Well, I hope you are already enjoying the flavorful aroma of this dish! Let me know what you liked about this dish and what did you add differently to this recipe to make it your own 🙂