Mangoessss!!! The king of fruits…Well, this is the most loved fruit in India, my hometown. Back home we all used to wait for the hot summers to enjoy this majestic fruit and it was totally worth it. Mangoes come in different varieties and each has its own distinct taste and flavor. What better combination than mangoes and ice to enjoy the warm weather.
If you have access to fresh mangoes, I would recommend you use them. If you don’t have access to fresh fruits, feel free to use the canned pulp and that works just as good. Try this cold melody at home and you will love it for sure!
Ingredients: makes 10 pops
- 1 can sweetened mango pulp
- 1 can of mango slices
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon, or as much as you want fresh thyme
- Popsicle molds and stick
- Slightly mash the mango slices don not puree we want some chunks in there.
- Add mango mash to pulp, add the salt, lemon juice, zest and lemon thyme to the pulp and mix them well with a hand blender
- Pour into popsicle molds and set in the freezer for at least 6 hours, preferably 8 or overnight.
Note: If the pops don’t come out easily run the popsicle mold under hot water until they come out easily.