Flatbreads are always a popular snack for after work evenings but they also make for a filling meal for one. I love experimenting with different sauces and chutneys and this one tastes amazing. It is a quick to do recipe that takes 5 minutes to put together so its a perfect one for people who are strapped for time. The ingredients are simple and you will most often find them at home so you don’t have to make a special trip to the groceries to make this.
This flatbread tastes great with a generous helping of the chutney and garnish as you like with favorite meats or grilled veggies (like onions, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and eggplant) and herbs. My favorite combo for the garnish is lamb with cherry tomatoes and microgreens.
- 3/4 cup chopped garlic scapes, tops removed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint packed
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Serrano pepper (optional)
- 1 T lime juice
- 1/3 C olive oil
- Place all the chutney ingredients in a food processor and pulse until uniformly granular.
For Flatbread: (makes 2)
- 2 Store bought cooked flatbread/naan
- 3-4 tbsp garlic scape chutney
- 1 cup of sliced grilled chicken/lamb/veggies
- handful of microgreens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Spread the chutney on the flatbread layer with grilled chicken/lamb/veggies of your choice.
- Place the flat bread in the oven for 10 minutes and then move it under the broiler 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top it with cherry tomatoes and microgreens
- Serve immediately
Hope you enjoyed this quick fix meal! Would love to hear how you liked it and how you garnished your flatbread. Feel free to leave your comments below!