Have some leftover gyro or meat or falafel and wondering how to spice that up? You are at the right place. My husband and I went out for dinner last night and we came back home with some gyro and falafel. So I decided to spruce these up for our meal today and so, I put together a veggie bowl just with falafel for the vegetarians and a meat based bowl for my fellow carnivores 🙂
Both the bowls are garnished with sliced heirloom tomatoes, boiled asparagus and a generous side of spiced quinoa. You could add different garnishes and carbs of your choice. You could experiment with adding white/brown rice or millets instead of quinoa. Checkout our recipe below and hope you love your leftover mashup too!
For the leftover bowls:
- Leftover gyro, falafel, grilled veggies or meats
- 2-3 Sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 15-20 halved and boiled Asparagus
- 1/2 cup of microgreens and sprouts of your choice
- 4-5 sliced radishes
- 2 cups of quinoa salad (recipe below)
- Divide the ingredients under leftover bowls between two bowls and Serve.
- Enjoy with hummus and sliced carrots and cucumbers on the side.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 sliced green onions
- 1 large chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the quinoa mix all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as per your preference.
How did you like this recipe folks? Feel free to type up your comments/suggestions/ideas..would love to hear from you all 🙂
Checkout our pages on Facebook and Instagram and like them to get our recipe updates!