Chia…a new ingredient I learnt about recently and I am completely loving experimenting with different flavors to go with it. Chia by itself doesn’t have a particular taste, it is pretty much neutral in taste but it does have a very interesting nutty texture to it. What is cool about Chia is how healthy it is and how perfect it is for breakfast.
Small amounts of chia pack a powerful nutritional punch, they have very less calories, they are rich in antioxidants, almost all the carbs in them are fiber, filled with high quality protein and the best part is that eating chia goes with my motto of eat healthy not less. Chia while being filling and healthy helps you with weight management.
My recipe below brings together the neutral and nutty Chia with the king of fruits.. MANGO. Mango is everyone’s favorite back in India and in my opinion, most Indians love the hot summers only because they can get to eat this yummy fruit. It is a very quick recipe to make for your busy mornings. It is something you can carry to work and have it on the go. Now, my friends get working try this recipe and let me know what you think..tata! For more variations you can checkout our other chia recipes.
Ingredients for Chia Pudding with mango puree and granola: (Serves 2)
- 2 cups of sliced frozen mango
- 2-3 tbsp of almond milk( you can substitute this will any milk per your preference)
- 1 cup of overnight soaked chia seeds (recipe down below)
- 1-2 tbsp of granola
- 1 tbsp of coconut flakes
- To a blender add frozen mango and almond milk. Puree until smooth.
- In a serving bowl, layer alternatively with chia pudding and mango puree. Top with granola, coconut flakes and Enjoy!
Overnight soaked chia seeds:
- 4 tbsp of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup milk
- few drops of vanilla extract
- Sugar/Stevia (as needed)
- Mix them all up in a bowl and store it in a tight lid container in the refrigerator overnight.